The EarlyON program through the CDSSAB provides families with free programming for children 0-6. This program provides parents and children with the opportunity to meet and socialize with other families. TNFC EarlyON collaborates with other EarlyON centres and the Timmins Public Library to provide activities such as the Rubber Boot Farm tours in person and the Story Walks. EarlyON basis programs on the four foundations of learning in the How Does Learning Happen Document through Belonging, Engagement, Expression, and Well-Being. We are also offering virtual programs through Zoom such as Virtual Beading, Kids in the Kitchen and Virtual Playgroup. All materials are available for families to pick up the day of or before the virtual program.
- Provide programs to families with children 0-6 within the Cochrane District
- Create an environment where children can play and learn at their own pace through in person programs at the centre and through outdoor programs around the community
- Offer advice from professionals in Early Childhood Education for parent questions or concerns
- Provide free programs to parents of children 0-6
- Through these programs we are able to offer parenting advice, provide learning opportunities for children, and connect parents with community resources
- Provide Indigenous families with cultural programs
- Coordinate and Collaborate with local services
- Services are supportive to the communities needs
- Provide free support to families in the community
- Help to educate parents on the benefits of learning through play for children as they grow and offering programs based on the How Does Learning Happen? Document
- Provide families with support from the community and to make connections with other families
Families and caregivers with children age 0-6
EarlyON offers in person programming at the Timmins Native Friendship Centre, community programs which occur at parks, the Sportsplex Swimming Pool, local farms, and community learning spaces such as Science Timmins. We also provide a variety of virtual programs such as Kids in the Kitchen, Beading, and Virtual Playgroup.